Saturday, April 17, 2010

At 23

I believe in all the Gods, and trust none of them.

I believe in one Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church, which I no longer attend.

I believe in Twitter, Facebook, text messages, pie, and all the other tangible things people say they don't believe in.

I believe in all the things I can see, and more than a few things I can't.

I believe in evil.

I believe in good.

I believe that people are better than we give them credit for, but worse than we may hope.

I believe there is no right way to live your life, but there are more than a few wrong ways.

I believe there is sin.

I believe there is salvation.

I believe that the human experience cannot be explained singularly by science, culture, or religion, but by a combination of all three.

I believe in a thing called love.

I believe there are more things on heaven and earth than are dreamt of in philosophy.

I believe that bad things happen to good people, that good things happen to bad people and that there is no reasonable explanation for either.

I believe that natural disasters are natural.

I believe in myself, because I can't count on anyone else to.

I believe.

3 comments:

Jelinas said...

I believe in you, Rusty! Thanks for that lovely piece.

Nicole said...

That was so lovely. As is the woman who wrote it. I believe in YOU, RustyGirl.

tamatha said...

Rusty - This is awesome. There's a lot of overlap in our beliefs. I was having a hard time thinking about this month's theme, and you hit the nail on the head quite nicely. Thank you.